Position Summary - Store Manager
The Iyengar Yoga National Association of the United States (IYNAUS) is looking for a dynamic leader to manage our online store. As a nonprofit organization, revenues from our online store are essential for completing our mission of promoting the art, science and philosophy of yoga according the the teachings of B.K.S. Iyengar. The Online Store Manager will report to the Director of Operations and will lead marketing, sales, customer and vendor relationships, and other operations for the online store. This is a 32 hour a week exempt position that will operate out of the manager’s home office and IYNAUS storage units for store inventory. There will be one week of travel required every three years for the IYNAUS Convention (next travel date April 2019).
Who We Are
IYNAUS oversees teacher training guidelines in conjunction with direction from Dr. Geeta S. Iyengar and Sri Prashant S. Iyengar at the Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute (RIMYI) in Pune, India. IYNAUS conducts annual certification assessments, monitors fulfillment of continuing education requirements, and maintains a code of ethics for its teachers. In addition to our online store, we also produce the Yoga Samachar magazine for members, send monthly eblasts for members, sponsor conventions and conferences, and maintain an archive of Iyengar Yoga materials.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is passionate about Iyengar yoga, has extensive experience with customer service, strong knowledge of the e-commerce landscape, and has a proven record of growing and nourishing sales operations.
- Online Store Management (90% of the position)
- Develop and implement online store business plans in partnership with the Director of Operations.
- Process daily orders for the store.
- Track sales, expenses, and profits of the online store and adapt current operations to maximize cost-effectiveness and customer service.
- Provide exceptional customer service and resolve customer problems or complaints by determining optimal solutions. Communicate, execute, and manage e-marketing plans in cooperation with the Director of Operations and the IYNAUS Social Media Board Committee.
- Use different e-marketing channels, such as social media (Facebook/Twitter) and search engine optimization.
- Manage all store operational issues, including store housekeeping, store administrative duties, physical inventories, price changes, etc.
- Manage all vendor relationships, including multiple vendors in India, to minimize loss of sales to due low/no inventory of store items.
- Maintain and update the online store website and use improvement planning to improve user experience.
- General IYNAUS Support (10% of the position)
- Support the Director of Operations and IYNAUS Board as needed to provide member benefits, including but not limited to mailing resources, updating the main IYNAUS website, and sending member benefit eblasts.
- Required Qualifications
- Proven customer service and vendor relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing and managing process improvement initiatives for store operations
- At least three years in retail management with a focus on online retail
- Superior technology skills and the ability to work with customers who are not as tech savvy
- Proven experience with online marketing
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Familiarity with Iyengar yoga, including classes, books, and props (preferred)
- Ability to travel one week every three years for the IYNAUS Convention (next date April 2019)
Compensation and Benefits
This is an 80% full-time equivalent exempt position that offers a competitive nonprofit salary based on experience.
Generous paid time off and five paid holidays a year.
At this time, the position does not come with health or retirement benefits, as IYNAUS only has two paid employees and is not big enough to get group rates on these services.
The chosen candidate will get to choose his/her own hours and will have a good deal flexibility with the work schedule.
Location and Start Date
The Online Store Manager’s home office must be located in Oakland, CA or the surrounding area.
The position will start around October 22, 2018.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to email@example.com. Please put “Store Manager Applicant: [your name]” in the subject line of the email.