IYNAUS Is a 501c3 corporation. We rely upon donations to help assure that the high standards of Iyengar Yoga are upheld and better understood.
Donations are accepted in five categories:
- Unrestricted General Donations: Funds for IYNAUS to support the high teaching and ethical standards of Iyengar Yoga and allow them to be better understood.
- Restricted donations for Student Safety Fund and Investigations: Funds to prevent sexual abuse in our community, to provide survivors of sexual abuse with information about available resources, to create educational materials for our teachers and students and to cover costs of independent investigations of allegations of sexual abuse.
- Restricted donations for DEIJ Projects: Funds to help the Outreach Committee to educate and provide available resources to support Iyengar practitioners and teachers on what it means to be equitable and how that relates to teaching methodology and related yoga studies. Funds will also cover the costs for subject matter experts to facilitate workshops and other self study opportunities.
- Restricted donations for our Archives Fund: Funds to assist us with the huge project of cataloging, preserving and providing access to this treasure of films, photos, and articles collected over B.K.S. Iyengar’s lifetime of practice and teaching.
- Restricted donations to the Bellur Krishnamachar & Seshamma Smaraka Niddhi Trust (BKSSNT): Funds to be forwarded to India to support their ongoing efforts in meeting the basic needs and providing opportunities for the residents of Guruji’s birth village, Bellur and the surrounding rural area.
Donors may choose to honor teachers or other indivduals with their contribution. A thank you to all donors is published annually in Yoga Samachar . Donors can also choose to remain anonymous.
All donations receive an acknowledgement letter which also serves as a receipt for income tax purposes. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent as allowed by the Internal Revenue Service.
Recently several members have contacted us about supporting the Iyengar Yoga community with gifts of stock and other securities, or in planning for their estates. If you would like assistance, please contact our Director of Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 206-623-3562.