Certified Iyengar Yoga teachers and Iyengar Yoga teachers-in-training are invited to attend. Teachers in training must upload a recommendation from their mentor.
IYNAUS Teachers’ Forum: Hands-on Adjustments and Consent Sunday, October 31, 2021 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm Eastern Time.As yoga studios reopen, this is an opportune time to explore the importance of adjustment – both as a teaching tool and a hallmark of the Iyengar Yoga classroom experience.
Join CIYTs Cathy Wright, Hector Martinez, Rebecca Lerner, and Marla Apt for presentations, discussion, and Q+A on the following topics:
• Teacher-student relationships: power dynamics and boundaries
• Affirmative informed consent for hands-on adjustments
• Consent and the classroom: Teacher intention, student empowerment, and trust
• Effective hands-on adjustments
• Special considerations for hands-on adjustments during the COVID-19 pandemic
This free session is open to certified Iyengar Yoga teachers and Iyengar Yoga teachers-in-training. Teachers-in-training must submit a letter of recommendation from their mentor. Please submit letters here no later than, October 24, 2021.
A recording of the session will be provided. This session qualifies for 1.5 continuing education hours for CIYTs.
Donations to support the IYNAUS Student Safety Fund are appreciated.