Becoming a Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher
Certification of teachers of Iyengar Yoga in the United States is carried out by the B.K.S. Iyengar Yoga National Association of the United States (IYNAUS). The process of certification has been designed and refined over many years under the guidance of B.K.S. Iyengar and Geeta Iyengar. The IYNAUS Certification and Teacher Education Manual is the complete source for information pertaining to Iyengar Yoga certification.
- A minimum of three years of continuous study and practice with a Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher (CIYT) is required of anyone applying for assessment. Education programs for prospective teachers are offered by many qualified teachers and centers throughout the country.
- Candidates ready to apply should find a CIYT who will agree to serve as Mentor through the Introductory I & II certification process and a 2nd CIYT who will serve as a Recommending Teacher.
- Candidates must be current members of IYNAUS in order to apply for assessment.
- Complete the online application only after you have secured the approval of your Mentor and Recommending Teacher.
- Be prepared with your study history details, passport size jpg and credit card payment to complete the online application.
- Candidates choose three venues in order of preference. Venue choices are not guaranteed. Effort is made to accommodate all candidates as best as possible.
- Completed applications must be received by May 1.
- Upon completion, notify your Mentor and Recommending Teacher to complete their online recommendations.