Progression Of Teaching: Junior Intermediate Teacher Education
Session #1: January 5 – 6/Session #2: March 9 – 10/Session #3: June 15
– 16/Session #4: August 10 – 11
Saturday sessions are 1 – 6 pm. Sunday sessions are 9 – 3:15 pm which includes a 2-hour brunch break.
1. We will practice asana and pranayama on the Junior Intermediate 1 and 2 syllabus
2. Teaching Tool Kit – Focus on observation, instruction, correction and developing your student base with maturity. Includes the art of adjustments and modifications, addressing structural issues and beginning to incorporate yoga philosophy within a class context.
3. Theory – in-depth focus on asana, sequencing, pranayama, anatomy and yoga philosophy
4. Self-study – practice sequences and homework assignments will connect you to the source material, your colleagues and teachers in between our meeting sessions
Our gatherings are devoted to the practice of Iyengar Yoga in all its facets. We will focus on our personal practice and developing our core Intermediate teaching skills including linkages between pose, moving deeper in our understanding and teaching, and evolving our students’ practice within a greater range of bodies and situations. Participants will get feedback on their teaching and gain confidence working with their students in a variety of situations.
“Progression of Teaching” is a forum from which to build enduring relationships with peers and teachers to support our personal growth within the Iyengar lineage.
Please pre-register at www.adelineyoga.com as class size is limited and all registrants receive a homework assignment in the weeks prior to our meeting.